Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I am a writer, I've been published here, haven't I?

So today in my literature class we talked about ourselves as readers and writers. At first I was pretty much thinking, not only am I not that much of a reader but I am even less a writer. Not true, after thinking about I am a writer. Blogging is writing and it is not just like writing in a journal. You put it out there for people to read and comment on. Blogging is writing and if you blog give your self full credit and embrace every typo. I also decided to change my reading habits. I have recently started to re-read and choose some new books. I really liked several of the books I read in School, like: Maniac McGee, The Mixed up Files of Mrs. Basil E Frankwieler, Harriet the Spy and so on. I am also choosing some new one, I figured I would stick to the Newberry Award winners for now.

2 comments:

Emily A said...

When you need book suggestions let me know. I have a "STACK" waiting to be read. My students keep me busy reading!

Emily said...

Every time you put something on the blog, you hit the "publish" button.
I have a list of books as well. I would check out goodreads.com I have found a lot of good suggestions there.

A book that I just finished that I really enjoyed was "The Jungle Book". It was really a great read. Different in a lot of ways from the Disney version, but still a good read.