Monday, January 24, 2011

Saved by the coupon!

So after making my binder and clipping coupons in my spare time I finally put them to use today. I was so nervous when I got up to the register. I just kept thinking great if they don't take the coupon I'm not getting the item, and then hoping I would be able to avoid that! I went to Target and got:
Buy 1 get 1 free Febreez Fabric Refresh ( saved 4.99)
NyQuil/Dayquil pack ( saved 1.50)
2 GE low energy flood lights for the kitchen ( saved 1.00)
Oatmeal products ( saved about 5.00)
Special K (Saved 2.50)
Mac N Cheese ( saved .55)
That's all I can think of right now. But my total savings was 24.90! Pretty good for a first trip. Only 1 coupon was denied but I had an alternate. I separated all my stuff with coupons from the other items and did 2 transactions so I could see my savings. My other items were a little over $25 so that made them almost free! I have decided to only use Target and then Walgreens and CVS. The 2 drugstores are literally around the corner, Target is a little further but they seem to have the best coupons and I had a good experience. I hope to really start saving big. I realized how much more I could have saved if all the items were on sale! It was sort of a rush and I must say I might be addicted!

1 comment:

Emily said...

That is a huge deal! Congrats on the savings.