Sunday, April 27, 2008

4.7

Earthquake that is. It happened on Friday night. We were at a friends house and felt it. They live about 10 miles north of us and the epicenter for the earthquakes are about 5 miles east of us. So when we felt it pretty good there we knew it had to be worse at our place. This was about 12 at night. When we got home the neighbor lady came out as we were unlocking the door. She was scared and wanted to make sure the cats were ok. She is cute. Some of my glass candle holders had fallen off and glass was everywhere. A picture from fell down and broke also. All the candles on top of the tv were on the floor. I am actually really glad we were not here when it happened or I really would have been freaked out. After that we decided that we should be prepared. So at like 1:30 in the morning we went to walmart and got water and candles and granola bars just in case. There were a few minor aftershocks that we felt Saturday morning but so far it has been quiet. Hopefully it stays that way.

1 comment:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

I'm so glad that you are both ok. I told Matt that I hadn't called to check on you guys because I get up-to-the-minute information from you on Twitter! He called us computer geeks! Smack him for me!