Monday, March 3, 2008

Poetry

OK This week is poetry. I found 2 really cool books at Barns and Nobel. I have decided to just stat buying them because I really like most of the books and it will be a great start to a little library. The first is Animalia by Graeme Base.
It is really cool. It goes throught the alphabet, and while the rhymes are nothing spectacular the pictures are amazing. I highly recommend this book. You will love looking at the illustrations to find all the little hidden things. I bought the paperback because the hard cover was smaller. I liked having the bigger pictures.
The other one is If You See A Fairy Ring.

It is a collection of fairy poems from many different authors. The neat thing is that every other page has a oval picture the changers when you fold out the page. Kind of a pop up deal. I liked it because I love fairies and it is always fun to have an interactive book. Here is one of the poems from the book..
If You See A Fairy Ring
If you see a fairy ring
In a field of grass,
Very lightly step around,
Tiptoe as you pass;
Last night faries frolicked there,
And they're sleeping somewhere near.
If you see a tiny fay
Lying fast asleep,
Shut your eyes abd run away,
Do not stay or peep;
And be sure you never tell,
Or you'll break a fairy spell.
-William Shakespeare

3 comments:

Lisa, F is for Fischer said...

We have Matt's copy of Animalia too! I'm going to have to check out the fairy book. It sounds really cool. Thanks for the book tips. Watch out, you are going to become a book junkie too! When garage sale season starts up - go there! You can get lots of books for your classroom for really cheap. PLUS, you'll want to keep your very favorite books aside for read alouds and what-not. The garage sale books are perfect for a classroom library. The wear and tear on those books is greater. I have bought tons of books at garage sales, flea markets, second-hand stores and library sales. You will get really great books, but won't feel so bad when they get torn.

Anonymous said...

If you're buying books from Barnes and Nobel, just tell them you're my sister. Have them look up my phone number, I think it's under 820-5322. Then you'll get a discount! =) And I think I'm going to have to get the Animalia book for my boys. Thanks for the tip.

Janalu said...

I already bought the membership thing but thanks anywho!